Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Succumb

What happened?

A second ago I stepped out on the balcony for some air and to clear my head, and then an intense pain was sent coursing throught the vains in my neck.

Where am I?

I try to look around, but dark cloth blocks my vision.

"I have him. Now let them go. I did what you wanted. You have my code and you'll have his," a familiar voice echoed in my ear.

Fingers reached around the vision contraint and as my sight comes back to me, I can see sunlight peer through the blinds and shadows of two other people. Blinking a few times to have my eyes regain focus, the silouhettes become more aparent.

Luther on one side and Seth on the other.

"Seth? You...are working for him?"

Seth looked either satisfied or worried. He might have been both. Regardless, he felt no remorse at all for what he did.

"Luther took my wife and kids Kingsly. He wanted the code. What else was I supposed to do? You know...maybe you should just succumb to this monster. You'll never age. You won't have to ever experience loss. You can live forever Kingsly," Seth said sounding hypnotizing. Luther looked like he had been waiting for this moment, and now that it was finally here all he could do was smirk. Seth looked different. He had a certain posture about him that told me that he was no longer the shy, lab worker. I shot at the redness around his neck and the two sharp holes that were identical to mine.

As I struggled and my fingernails penatrated my palms as I balled up my fist in tense frustraion, Luther glared at me and burned a hole through me wit hhis gaze.

"It was actually really easy... opening Seth's eyes. All it took was a simple torture of his wife and he came to. To bad for her though. Afterward I let her go, she ran into oncoming traffic and killed herself. Seth couldn't take the pain, so I offered him an eternity of never losing anyone again. He also gave me his code. Willingly. Kingsly...why don't you follow in Seth's footsteps?"

Seth just stood there. Eyes blank and emotionless. He was gone. Seth was no more.

Luther continued as he bent down in front of me with a picture of Draven and a lighter in his hands.

"Now Kinglsy, you either give me the code or I take it from your whore. After fucking her first of course. You're choice." The picture engulfed in flames at the flick of the switch of the lighter.

My heart continues to throb painfully hard. I can't see straight and Draven's face mirrors inside my head.

"You really won't stop until everyone turns to a monster will you? Are you really that lonely? Is your hand starting to become raw Luther,?" I say in a raspy voice.

Laughing, Luther motions to Seth and he takes the itiative to check my wallet.
I headbutt him with back of my head and at that moment I felt a heat melt in my palms. Seth had pulled a lighter on my hands.
Screaming in agony as holes were being burned through my hands, I let him rummage for my wallet.
"All I found was a twenty dollar bill, a suway gift card...and this paper that says 'Sherlock Holmes Study in Scarlett Kingsly Bear.'"
It all made sense. Her code was in that book! The first book her father gave her!
Luther looked at me and tilted his head as he flicked the lighter and stared through the flame and spoke the word, "Thanks," and threw the flame at my chair that was surrounded by gasoline. At that moment time stood still. This was the end. Luther walked out as Seth said his last word to me..."Succumb."
At that instant a figure appeared behind Seth, took both arms and rippe them off like they were Kinects. The flame ignited up my chair and enflamed the room. Luther was already out, noy wasting anytime to go and raid Draven;s apartment for the book.
He knew the code was hidden in the pages and I could do nothing but sit and burn. The dark figure stood with the arms in hand and said, "Let's get you out of here bud."
Teal cut me loose and extiguised the fire on my pant legs.
"He's after her you know. You'll never make it Kingsly. Think about it. Not a care in the world. We are Kings among these puny wretches. Live with the life you've been blessed with," Seth cries as blood seeps from his open sockets where arms once waived.
"You're wrong Seth... I will make it. And I do care about something. I care about Draven. Luther may have taken away my life, but he can't take away my feelings. Me on the other hand...can take away yours."
With one fatal stomp in the neck, Seth's smiling face became a haunting one.
"You owe me an explanation Teal."
"First let's get out of here," Teal replied as the place started to collapse in the sunlight.
The word "Succumb" wouldn't leave my head.
Why?
TO BE CONTINUED.....

No comments:

Post a Comment