Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Kept Promise

I felt like TNT in a dark room. Once Luther had slapped Draven, that fuse became lit, unsure when it would explode.
"Oh, I didn't see you there Kingsly. How are you? I see you managed to escape from Seth's house. I'll have a talk with him later. Wanna seat?"
Luther was testing my already short fuse. His yellow tinted fangs were those of a monster. A heartless, black hole. I looked past the dark hair that covered his glass eye and saw a demon. This asshole wanted me to "take a seat?" I'll humor him, but my eyes are still fixed on Draven. After getting past the busted lip, the brutally bruised cheeks, the puffed right eye and the bloody left, she was still beautiful. She was still the Draven I married and loved with all my heart. Luther looked like he had taken a beating as well. The goose egg on his head and the dried blood on his lower lip told me that Draven hadn't taken her beatings lightly.
After looking at her and looking back at Luther...
"FUCK TAKING A SEAT!"
The TNT inside me had let off an earthquake within me.
I lunge at Luther who moves quickly to the side, avoiding my thrust, and grabs my head and slams it to the ground like he had palmed a basketball and bounced it.
"Kingsly!" I hear Draven yell in her concerned voice. I see her scrambling to untie herself. What a fighter.
Luther takes a seat down to my level as I stare him in the eyes. His glass eye is filled with anger, deception, and murder.
"Hi Kingsly," he says through a smirk, "I'm glad you could see your wife like this. Wanna say hi?"
He picks my head up by the hair and forces me to see her in her bloody stupor.
A tear falls to the floor and it seems to burn the concrete.
It's not her tear...but mine.
She looks at me, and without words I can hear her say,"Here I am Kingsly. You have to fight. You have to continue...for me...for us."
She nodded her head as she knew that I caught the message I had received from her deep gaze.
I reached and grabbed Luther's wrist, hearing multiple satifying snaps.
With my head free, I had gathered up just enough energy to rise up and stomp on Luther's already broken wrist.
The floor of the shack was littered with rusted nails from previous carpenter's projects. I took advantage of these gifts left for me and nailed one straight through Luther's hand.
A satisfying howl came from the depths of Luther's diaphragm.
I smirked.
"Luther. Do you realize what you've made me? Do you realize what you've created for yourself? You've done this to me and by creating this you've shaped your tombstone."
Luther starts laughing.
"You know what Kingsly...how many people have you killed to get to me? How many husbands? I know what I've created. A brother."
He takes out the nail and throws it. It lands squarely in my chest as he runs off.
The nail penatrates to the point where only the flat end can be seen.
It doesn't matter. I turn to Draven.
Draven.
I didn't know how I felt. I felt light headed,ashamed, dirty...monsterous.
Through her sobs she looked at me, her brunette hair matted from days without
shower, and beckoned me over.
"Kingsly! Get over here and untie me damnit. You get over here."
My feet seem to be walking on ice as they slip and stutter over to her from the lack of equalibruim throuh my body.
Untying the thick ropes seemed like to take those 6 months that I lost with her.
The final knot had been untied and she was free.
Free to embrace me. Just like I remember.
I embrace her so tight that I can feel her feet being lifted off the ground.
She was really in my arms. After 6 months of watching her eat alone in the apartment and cry,wishing she had someone to talk back to her, she was finally in my arms again. I felt her grip tighten and I could feel her smile and tears through my black torn shirt. Each tear was a reminder...a reminder that I wasn't the same. As much as I missed her, the scent of her sweet blood ran through my veins and hardened my grip.
No.
Not now.
I let her go.
Our tears mix and create wet stains on eachother's clothes.
"I've...missed you so much Draven. Words can't....can't even describe."
I hold my chest where the nail lies hammered in.
"Baby...let's get out of here. Let's get you fixed up. We have catching up to do."
She grabs my hand, fingers interlaced;we walk in sync to the opening of the shack door.
"I promised myself I'd find you. I always keep my promises."
TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments:

Post a Comment