Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Truth, Her Truth, Our Truth Part 2

It was like I was another person to her. In her eyes I wasn't Kingsly, I was Luther.
"You're like him! Exactly like him! You're a monster! You're not Kingsly!," she bellows in her towel.
With the nail still in my chest and lack of thirst, I start to feel a bit weak. The knife in my face just adds more pressure and sends my heart racing.
"Draven. Please understand I'm not like him at all. I..."
She interupts.
"How many people have you killed King...," her voice trailing off refusing to say my name,"you have to feed obvioulsy or you wouldn't be here."
I uncomfortably pause. The air was thick with tension.
"Oh my god. You're a murder!"
The knife then sliced through the air towards my throat.
Luckily, I saw it coming and slid to the side to take away the knife.
Distracted by cling that knife made when the knife hit the solid kitchen floor, Draven blindsided me and with a solid punch that met my left cheek bone and grabs the knife from the lenolium.
At that moment, everything went blurry.
I can't lose consciousness. She'll kill me.
With an agonizing plea,"Draven, please let me explain. You have no idea how much hell I've gone through. The hell I'm going through right now. You don't understand! I've spent teh last 6 months wondering how you've been to the point I would stare at you from the roof across the pond. Draven. I may be a damn monster, but I haven't changed how I feel about you. I haven't lost contact with reality yet because of you. You're keeping me going Draven. Please. Keep me safe... I lo..."
Black.

I woke up in a cold sweat. I felt around my body to make sure I was still alive and that I wasn't tied up. I looked to my right and there was Draven cleaning her bloody hands with a warm towel. A nail lay beside her on the table.
I felt my chest and I had been stitched, and cleaned from every wound. From the bullet that penetrated my shoulder, to the broken wrist, to the nail.
Draven had abided my wail.
"Thanks," I coughed grabbing her hand.
She flinced at first, but embraced my hand cautiously.
"You hit like a man. I honestly thought I had been punched by Vin Diesel."
There it was. Her smile that lit up the room.
"Kingsly...what's it like...being a vampire?," she asks through sympathetic, curious eyes.
"It's like hell frozen over in me. I have this burning passion within me, but all I feel is cold. I constantly fight the urge to kill. Some people say they were born to kill. That's how I feel...born to kill."
She looks away and wipes a tear from her face.
Her curiousity continues.
"Do you..want to kill me?"
I can't tell her that her blood smells like an orchard full of apples and that I just want to sink my teeth into every one. She would be even more scared. So, I painfully lie.
"I don't want to kill you Draven. I've been too focused on being with you that I haven't even thought about...killing," I say with a blanket over my eyes so she doesn't see my lie.
I remember why Luther wanted her.
This mysterious code.
"I have a few questions of my own. Why did Luther want you and what's this code that everyone wants from you?"
She looks deep into my dark pupils with excruiating pain.
"Do you remember that story that I told you about my dad and developing an antidote to cure vampirism?"
I nod as I ponder where this going.
"Kingsly, I've been helping to continue that work. Seth and I have found the antidote, but we don't know the order to mix the ingredients. One mix will make the cure, the other could create a syrum to produce vampire genes. It's taken us several years of testing and...money to do this."
The way she paused when she said money clicked in my head.
"You've been using the money...my hard earned money to do research on creating an antidote behind my back? Are you even studying to be a zoologist?"
The same tension that was in the air when she asked if I had murdered had returned in the air.
I continue with my rage.
"Why didn't you tell me Draven? We told eachother everything! The only reason I was working that pizza job was to help pay for your college. That was the motivation behind that job. I put up with the messed up orders, the rude customers, the long, boring drives, because I was helping you through college. If i would've known you were using ot for research, I would've been fine! I would've helped! But thanks to you, I am what I am today, a monster because I wanted to help you be successful!"
Through her sobs she cries,
"You don't understand! I couldn't tell you! I have people after me for that code. I was protecting you!"
Enraged at this point I open my lungs and roar,
"SAVING ME??! LOOK WHAT I'VE BECOME BECAUSE OF THAT PIZZA RUN!! LOOK AT WHAT SAVING ME DID"
All my anger that I've held in has finally been released from its chain. I was looking for someone to blame for what happened to me. My anger took residence in me long enough.
I feel my hand raise and see her flinch.
It took every ounce of life left in me to hold back.
"I'm out of here."
An intensified crying Draven wails,
"How dare you! GET OUT!"
Through clenched teeth, making sure she sees ,my fangs, I snarl,
"I'm gone."
the door slams knocking down the picture frame of our wedding day on the entertainment center.
Her sobs pierce my heart and I slide against our apartment door and start crying.
"I don't need this," I whisper to myself.
I walk down the hallway to the outside and I'm greeted by some stranger.
He had gray hair and thick glasses. He looked dead with his extremely white skin.
His eyes were about as blue as Draven's and his smile looked oddly familiar. I know I haven't seen his man before, but for some reason I feel like I can confide in him.
"Rough day?," the old man says concerned.
"You don't know the half of it. No offense."
"None takin. Wanna drink?"
The man extends a bottle of whiskey towards my direction.
He has to be a tough guy if he's drinking whiskey straight.
I look at him as he's shoving the temptation my way.
"Thanks," I say after forcing down the hot liquid.
"It's a beautful thing, alchohol. It's the one thing that you can always count on to make you feel better," the man says as he takes a huge swig.
"Who are you?" I ask.
"The name's Theodore, but I like to go by Teal...it's my favorite color. Who are you?"
"I'm Kinglsy. I don't know what they call me these days. The days just seem to be a blur."
Teal thrusts the remaining quarter of whiskey towards me and I swallow the rest.
"Does your mood have anything to do with Draven?"
I break the whiskey bottle and slam Teal onto the wall looking at him through fierce, fiery eyes.
"Who are you? And what do you know about Draven?!"
The broken whiskey bottle rests againts his adams apple as he whispers,
"I'm her father."
TO BE CONTINUED.....

No comments:

Post a Comment