Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Truth, Her Truth, Our Truth Part 1

Hand in hand, we walk into the place that I once called my home. The sweet smell of cinnamon thinned out the air. Memories started consuming me: the video games, the long talks, the plans for the future, everything that was disrupted in one night.
It was a little awkward being with Draven at first because of the 6 month time lapse. What should I say to start conversation?

"So Draven...for the past 6 months I've been watching you cry through the window from the building across the street. Oh and I've killed two people. On top of that I can't stop thinking about how sweet your blood smells and how much I want to taste it."

Luckily, she wouldn't stop hugging me. I felt such a sensation hugging her back. Trying to ignore the want, I start to remember that I once lived for these embraces.
"I've missed you so much Kingsly. I thought you were dead."
I haven't yet told her what I am. She thinks this flesh is alive, but in reality it's just a walking constant hunger. I don't want her to know yet and I wish I could hide it, but the fangs, the constant bitter cold skin, the never aging, would be a problem and hard to cover. I want to be upfront with her because I know she's always been upfront with me.
I trust her.
As I'm rubbing her back, I swallow hard as I begin to tell her my curse.
"Draven...I...."
She interupts.
"Babe, I'm so happy you're back. I can't stop smiling now that you're here...with me again. I thought I lost you. I thought I was going to age without my true love. But here you are," her smile is brighter that fluorescent light in the apartment, “and here I am...dirty and unpresentable. I'm going to wash up and we are going to lay down so I can talk to you. OK?"
I nod, and with a close lipped smile so that I am not showing my sharpened murder tools, I reply,
"OK angel. Wash up. I'll be right here."
She walks away to the back room where the bathroom is and runs the bath water with the door closed.
I can't believe I'm back here with her. But nothing will be the same after I tell her what I am...what I've done...what I know.
I hear her step in the tub and slip in the steamy relaxant.
The cinnamon air draws me into our bedroom where curiosity then takes over. Looking in my old drawers, I see some of the clothes were thrown in there. Her aroma was drenched in the mess. I picked up my favorite black V-neck shirt and smelled it. Draven's scent filled my lungs. I take off my old, torn, blood stained shirt and replace it with the Draven scented V-neck. I felt new again. It's been 6 months since I felt any kind of new sensation worth smiling about. Under all the shirts, I find a photo of her and I in Hawaii on our honeymoon. It's obvious that Alchohol was our favorite guest that evening. We were posing with a massive tattooed Hawaiian. Her leg was across the protruding belly while I was on the other side holding it up. We had such a great time.
I miss it.
It will never be the same.
I stroll to the living room and find our ping pong table.
I was a beast at ping pong.
Her and I would bet who did dishes by playing a game to 21.
I would always win...but somehow she would always bat those crystal blue globes at me and I'd end up with the bejeweled gloves on, scrubbing dishes beside her.

Walking back to the bathroom, I see her naked body covered in the soapy oval of bubbles relaxed her. The steam was rising out of the water and all I could feel was ice.
Her head was tilted back, eyes closed, and I smiled.
The shampoo bottle that smelled like violets was sitting beside her. I take a seat on the floor and grab the bottle, squirting a quarter sized dollop in my hand.
"Are you going to wash my hair?" she asks with a bright grin on her face.
"Just close your eyes, sweetheart. I'm here to take care of you."
Rubbing the thick shampoo in her wet hair, the violet aroma replaces the steam. I take a deep breath and I feel my heart thump two times harder.
I have a conversation with myself.
I can do this. Ignore the fact that she smells like violet and that her blood smells just as sweet. Ignore it.
The other voice starts to talk. The demon.
"You know how hungry you are right now. It won't get any better. She would just be another meal. Just. Another. Meal."
I concentrate on thoroughly massaging the shampoo in her hair.
The moans she makes reminds me of the last time we made love.
The sounds she made. The curling of her toes. The flutter of her eyelids. Everything she was doing right now made me want to take her out and ravish her.
"Thanks baby. You haven't changed one bit," Draven whispers as I solomnly disagree.
"I'll always love you Draven."
The purple towel was just in reach for me to grab and dry off her hair. She rose out, with her silky skin exposed dripping. The dirt had been washed away and revealed a clean, sexy Draven. From her damp brunette hair to her smooth legs, she had stolen my heart all over again.
The purple towel was then used to cover up her nakedness...unfortunatley. I may be a monster, but a man at that. Someone that beautiful should be ashamed to wear clothes and hiding such magnificient glory.
I rub the towel on her in a dry off fashion and she tucks in the towel to get dressed.
Heaven is staring back me while I stare deep in her blue eyes. I can't take it.
My lips hit hers like a wrecking ball would hit an beautiful aged building. They press hot against her lips and her tongue starts moving around in my mouth as if she tasting a new flavor she's never tasted. My hand slides in the back of her neck to pull her closer. Our tounges meet and she curls hers making my lip curl up to her up lip to suck. After about a 5 minutes in my own heaven, I pull away slowly and kiss her forehead.
"You're going to wanna hug me for me to tell you this," I plea so she won't see my death weapons in my mouth when I tell her.
"Gladly," she exclaims.
Wrapping her arms around me, I swallow hard, and reveal my secret.
"Draven, you know that I always wanna be honest with you. The past 6 months have been literal hell for me. When I made the pizza run, I swerved off the road, almost hitting a man."
She gasps and I continue.
"I followed the guy in the guy in the woods and overheard him plotting to kill someone. He...smelled me...and he ran after me in the woods. Being stupid, I turned my head to see if he was behind me, and ran head first into an oak. He then finds me...drags me to the shack you were held hostage...and bit me."
Puzzled she asks, "Bit you? ...how?"
I grab her hand to rub over the scarred tissue where his teeth had penetrated. Her hand jerks away along with her whole body.
"I'm a vampire Draven." The words escape painfully.
And the look of shear pain and fear will forever be burned in my skull as Draven runs into the kitchen. I follow her and I'm faced with a dangerous Draven...with a butcher's knife reflecting in my direction.
TO BE CONTINUED.....

No comments:

Post a Comment