Monday, December 14, 2009

Monster Unleashed

What did Luther mean "he knows me better than I think?"
He doesn't know me. If he did know me, he would know that that I'm the type of person that doesn't take threats lightly.
He would also know that not only threatening me was dangerous, but scaring Draven was also a huge button he shouldn't have pushed.
Luther doesn't know me.

I can see our apartment.
It's five minutes until she's supposed to eat dinner and I'm two blocks away. Where my heart used to be, there is a hard thump that won't settle until I know that she is safe.
All I can see in my mind is Luther in our apartment. Walking towards her. And her kicking his ass with her brass knuckles that she has taped under the couch.
I should know, I gave her those for Christmas last year.
Then, in my mind, I barge in and take over.
Ripping his head off from the jaw.
After, of course, I torture him like he did when he turned me into this vile creature.

I'm on top of my post where I do my dreaming and have my keen eye on our apartment.
7:30
No Draven.
No sign at all.
I grow extremely weary and my veins run thick with hate, replacing the blood that once ran through them.
7:34
No Draven.
What did Luther do to her?
Should I go in there and see what's wrong?
What if she turned in early?
As I sit debating with myslef, I realize that six minutes go by.
7:40
No Draven.
No more debating!
I jump from the roof landing next to a woman who's mouth became agape.
"I'm...a Grayson," saying the first thing that popped in my head.
The woman made no connection between my comment and the Batman Forever reference.
As I take my running start forward, a light glows in Draven's direction.
I jump up to the edge of my post, and find that she is ok...
and not alone...
She brought home another guy.
My throat clogs up as she sits him down across the table in my spot.
What was this bastard doing with my wife!? She's still married! I'm still alive!
I can't take this!
Jumping off the post again, I jump in front of the same woman.
"Grayson, huh?"
"....Luther?" I snarl.
He throws off his disguise and starts running.
My legs move faster than when he was chasing me six months ago.

"Come on Kingsly, you can run faster than that!"
He has a tendency to bring out the vampire in me.
I thirst for nothing more than his blood!
During my rampage and twisting through crowds to keep up with him, I crash into a middle aged man who was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I thrashed into his neck in a blind rage in front of everyone in the crowd.
Nothing else matters.
Not even Draven.
The blood tastes so good! It's like I've been in the desert fro six months and this is the first taste of water I've had.
Is this what Luther wanted? To bring out the rage in me....
To bring out the vampire...
The sirens howl in the air and I run as fast as I can towards a safe place...the barn where I was tortured.
That was my only home.
I wasn't just a monster now...I was a murderer.
Should I feel bad for what I just did?
Yes.
Do I?
No.
What have I become?
Has this rage that Luther created within me changed me?
I know I was changed, but now, I have killed...and liked it.
What is happening to me?
What will happen to me?
To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment