Friday, December 4, 2009

Won't Stop


I can still remember it.
The leaves crunching under my feet as if they were advising me to run faster.
The thump each heart beat made and how my chest had become an African conga.
He wouldn't give up the chase. How could he, he couldn't resist the smell of blood.
How do I know? Because, now I can't resist the same warm, life substanence that once ran fluent in me.

Maybe, I was supposed to make that pizza delivery that Sunday for the football game.
Maybe, I was destined to swerve my car off the road, almost ending a "man's" life.
Maybe, I was supposed to overhear his plot to kill his brother.
Maybe, that tree, the giant oak tree imprinted with the blood from my head, was grown there just for me.

Just for that day.

He couldn't have just spared my life. No. He had to drag me to a secluded place, wait until I came to, ask me if I valued my life, and savagely tear open my neck; ripping every tendon in between my throat and my shoulder, leaving me with a hot pain that would never again feel the warmth of human flesh, but be replaced by cold frigid skin that I am now forever trapped in.

All this runs through my head as I hear a combination of both my neck veins pounding and him pompously degrading me.

"Kingsly. How weak of you just to give up like that. I thought you had better blood than this. You weren't worth the effort. Enjoy the rest of your life, as one one us. Like you'll even survive. Look at you. Shriveled up and boney. You were just a warm up for me Kingsly. I get better blood from birds. Pathetic."

My eyes flutter under my eyelids as that moment fades and I wake up with a jolt and remember... remember that it will never stop. The hate, the want, the thirst. In my mind, my head that constantly throbs with the thought of revenge, wonders what it will taste like when I find the man who ended my life so abruptly. I want answers. I will get those answers. The curiousity of the taste of revenge overpowers my own hunger and hideous behavior...for now...
I fear the future. Both mine and his.
TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment