Tuesday, December 8, 2009

We Speak


"Hello?"
The voice sounded sweetly familiar.
I hesitated. Should I talk back?
No. Why would I do that? I would be giving her false hope.
I'd be giving me false hope.
Each second that passed seemed like months.
The sweet voice became more irritated at the silence.
"Answer me! This isn't funny! The last time you called you threatened me! I'm calling the cops!"

The sound of the click symbolized my own existence.
Alone.
Silent.
Worthless.

"Draven!," I howl. Knowing I was too late to speak up.
She was in danger.
Luther had called her and made threats against her.
This guy just keeps building up my anger past boiling point.
At this point, I'm ruthless.
Revenge has taken over me.
It's one thing to take me away from my love...but when he threatens Draven directly...he's pushed me to a limit that makes me blind to reality and the only thing I can see is me ripping every appendage of his and burning them right in front of him.

I drop the cell phone into my pocket and head to the only lead I have now...to my old apartment...where Draven lives now.
What does Luther want with her?
She's just a mere girl who has had 6 months of pre mature heart ache thrust upon her because of him.

I feel like I should warn her.
I have her phone number heating up my pocket and screaming for a warning.
Reaching for my phone, my fingers wrap around it ready to take it out and call her, but as I take it half way out, I think to myself
"She wouldn't believe me. I've been "dead" for 6 months. This could drive her insane. Give her false signals. I can't"

What does he want with Draven?
If he even looks at her wrong...I'll...

I hear a ringing coming from my phone.
"Unknown number?"
Who could it be?
Draven?

I let my Korn ringtone carry on until my curiosity gets the better of me.
"Draven?" I anwser quickly.
My heart turns even more black and my pupils widen as the voice on the other end laughs.

"Listen to you. 'Draven? Oh Draven!' HAHAHAHA, how cute Kingsly! How stinkin' cute! I see you've found my,uh, little present."

"Luther! You SON OF A BITCH what do you what with her!? She's so unimportant! This is between you and me. Don't involve her. Unless you're ready to endure some serious consequences. More than you already have coming."

"You think that scares me Kingsly? I've seen five years worth of horror. I've caused decades of horror. You. Don't. Scare. Me. Nice try pumpkin."

At this point I'm shaking from rage. I want this scum's heart pried from his chest and into my hands.

"Why do you want her!?!"

"Your innocent little Draven has held secrets for a long time, and tonight I'm going to uncover them."

"Secrets? She wouldn't hold secrets from me."

In a very annoying, matter of fact tone,
"You think she doesn't have secrets?! You are sadly mistaken Kingsly. Come on, you think she really want to go to college to become a zoologist!? HA! How naive of you! Typical Kingsly."

"What do you mean 'typical?' You don't know me! You will never get the chance to know me! You'll never reach her. I'll make sure of it Luther!"

"You make me laugh! I know you better than you think. And what are you going to do stop me?"

As I started to continue my threat, I heard the familiar silence of the phone hanging up.

Leaves started to fall, owls started to hoot as the night approached its peak, and birds flew out of the trees, swirling above me.

"Goodnight Kingsly."
I felt a very sharp crack in the back of my head and stumbled as my vision blurred and saw a dark figure watch me fall.

"You won't be stopping me tonight."
I yell at the top of lungs,
"LUTHER!! DON'T YOU TOUCH HER!!"
I can't gather the gumption to move my legs.
Black.
To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment